Alert: Fire season declaration, vegetation abatement required
During fire season, weeds, grass, and other noxious vegetation that has been determined to be a fire hazard must be addressed to reduce the potential for fire in accordance with Albany Municipal Code 7.84.160. To report a vegetation fire hazard in Albany, call 541-791-0155. Albany Fire Chief John Bradner declared July 9, 2014, the start of fire season due to ongoing hot, dry weather.
Albany Parks & Recreation
- Created on Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 12:58 pm November 29, 2011
Fall Activity Guide
The Fall Activity Guide will be arriving at Albany mailboxes soon, but you can see all of our fall classes and activities now online. Sign up today!
Let’s Pull Together Event is
this Saturday, September 6
The dog park at Timber Linn Memorial Park is now open!
We promote healthy living through recreational experiences and serve as stewards of Albany's public parks and facilities.
- Ensure the community has the recreational experiences they want and need.
- Ensure that our parks and facilities meet the community's needs.
- Establish and sustain a team that possesses the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to pursue our mission.
- Secure and sustain the financial resources required to meet community needs.
- Provide stewardship of Albany's natural resources through our public parks, facilities, and recreation experiences.
- Establish and sustain effective collaboration and partnerships with other community stakeholders in pursuit of our mission.