INCLEMENT WEATHER NOTICES, updated 12/7/13 at 5:00pm:
- Albany Public Works sanding crews on 24-hour duty through the weekend. Call 541-917-7600 to report problem spots.
Yard debris burning allowed through December 15
- Created on Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 11:43 am October 08, 2013
Residents of areas served by the Albany Fire Department are allowed outdoor burning of yard debris through December 15, 2013. Yard debris includes wood, needles, or leaf materials that come from trees, shrubs, or plants. This type of burning is allowed on residential properties of less than four-family living units.
Before igniting the burn pile, call the Daily Open Burning Information Line, 541-451-1904, after 8:30 a.m. to determine if it is an approved day to burn and what time the fire must be out.
Take these precautions to promote safe burning:
- Maintain a manageable pile (3 feet wide by 2 feet high)
- Burn dried materials to reduce smoke
- Have a water hose and extinguishing tools available with you
- Never use gasoline to start a fire
- Never leave a fire unattended
The following are examples of materials that may not be burned:
- Wet garbage
- Wire insulation
- Automobile parts
- Petroleum-treated materials
- Painted or treated wood
- Rubber products, including tires
- Animal remains
- Animal or vegetable matter resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking, or service of food
- Any other material that emits dense smoke or noxious odors
For more information, call Albany Fire Department at 541-917-7700.
Translate this page: