North Albany Road Construction Project
- About this page:
- Last Updated: May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015
North Albany Road Reconstruction
North Albany Road will be reconstructed between the railroad tracks and the Gibson Hill roundabout and will include curbs, sidewalk, and a center turn lane. In addition, work will include:
- Replacement of bridge over Thornton Lake
- New water and storm drainage lines
- West Thornton Lake Drive will be realigned so it connects to the existing traffic signal at the intersection to North Albany Middle School
- North Albany Road, between the bridge and East Thornton Lake Drive, will be raised to maintain emergency access during a major flood event.
Gibson Hill Sidewalk
Sidewalk will be constructed on the entire south side of Gibson Hill Road from Scenic Drive to the Gibson Hill Roundabout and at isolated locations on the north side of Gibson Hill Road.
Work will begin June 15, 2015.
- Utility and road construction begins.
- North Albany Road will remain open to traffic.
- Lane closures and flaggers should be anticipated.
- North Albany Road will be closed from Quarry Road to the railroad tracks.
- Traffic will be detoured via Quarry Road and Springhill Drive.
- North Albany Road open to through traffic.
- Minor construction and landscape work to continue.