Temporary/Transient Merchant License
- Updated on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 7:33 pm
- Albany Transient Merchant License (59KB pdf)
- taxicab_med_transport_business_license_application (66KB pdf)
- vehicle_certificate_application (30KB pdf)
You will need a temporary merchant license if:
- You plan to operate your for-profit business for less than 120 days in a calendar year.
- You will conduct business on a parking lot, vacant lot, or the street or in an alley, a vehicle, or tent.
If you plan to conduct your temporary business for no more than 30 days in a calendar year, you must apply for a license and pay a fee of $50. The application must include the dated signature of the owner of the property where you plan to conduct that business.
If you will operate your business for more than 30 days but less than 120 days, you must contact the City Community Development Department (second floor of City Hall) for site plan review under the Albany Development Code and staff recommendation. You must pay a license fee of $100 plus any applicable planning fees.
If you will operate your business for more than 120 days, you will not need a temporary merchant license; the business is subject to all of the Development Code requirements for permanent businesses. Please contact the Community Development Department for information.
Translate this page: