Development Resource Center
- Updated on Monday, June 30, 2014 June 30, 2014
- Complete the appropriate application (link to A-Z page)
- Allow 24 hours (1 business day) for application processing. Applicants will be contacted for payment of fees that are due and then receive the invitation via email on how to proceed with the project.
When to use ePlans
- All new residential and commercial building applications;
- Planning applications requiring plan review;
- Most Public Works permits;
- For alterations, demolitions, and other City issued permits, see ePlans Eligibility List.
- ePlans Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
- ePlans User Guide (pdf)
- ePlans Troubleshooting Guide (pdf)
- Brava Client User Guide (pdf)
Welcome to the City of Albany’s Development Resource Center. This site was created to better serve the development community by providing a centralized location for developer and builder related information. The City has adopted an electronic plan review process (ePlans) allowing paperless submission of project plans and documents for all plan reviews and most permit applications. The system encourages sustainability by reducing paper use, printing and storage costs, drive time, and gasoline consumption.
Permits and Applications
The City of Albany requires permits and/or applications for many building, construction and development activities. The following page provides information on the permit and application processes for permits issued by the City. Additional information on individual permits and/or applications is available on each department’s web page or by working directly with City staff.
Payment of fees can be made over the phone with a valid credit card, in person at City Hall, and via a check through the mail.
How does it work?
- When a project application is submitted to one of our land development divisions (Building, Planning, and Public Works), and accepted, a secure project website is created in ePlans. Project participants are invited to the ePlans project via email.
- ePlans is accessed using any common Internet browser, such as; Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox (using a Flash viewer), in addition to Internet Explorer. Project plans and documents are uploaded directly through an Internet browser using Microsoft Silverlight.
- When plan review is complete, comments are made available in the project website site. Plans are approved electronically by the City. One hard copy of the plans will be required for the job site. This copy, along with the inspection sheet, can be downloaded from the Approved Plans folder on the project website.
History of the ePlans project
The City strives to be accessible to the development community for assistance and collaboration, to provide accurate and useful information early in the development process, and to provide quick responses and reviews.
The concept of electronic plan review in Albany was initially proposed by the Building Division. Other City departments involved in reviewing plans weighed in and concluded that an electronic plan review process would improve customer service, reduce plan review times, and create near-term, significant, cost savings for all parties. The City has selected Avolve Software’s ProjectDox ® for implementation. Using ePlans is not required, but we encourage you to try it.