Public Records Requests
- Updated on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 October 02, 2013
The City of Albany takes pride in making information available to the public under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Please fill out an official Public Records Request form. These requests go to the City Clerk in the Finance Department for processing and help us to insure you receive prompt service.
Public Records Requests for FY 2011-2012
City Clerk's Office
In the 2011-2012 fiscal year, the City Clerk's Office received 49 public records requests and responded to all of them.
- 6 were forwarded to other departments
- 17 were completed* the same day
- 15 were completed* in two days or less
- 10 were completed* in seven days or less
- 1 was completed* in 18 days
*Completion includes the mandatory statement and providing non-exempt records to the requestor or notifying the requestor that the requested records are exempt from disclosure.
In FY 2011-2012 Municipal Court received 178 requests.
- 139 were completed* the same day
- 18 were completed* the next day
- 7 were completed* in 2 days
- 2 were completed* in 3 days
- 2 were completed* in 5 days
- 6 were completed* in 6 days
- 1 was completed* in 7 days
- 1 was completed* in 12 days
- 1 was completed* in 14 days
- 1 was completed* in 22 days
Public Records Requests received by the Police and Fire Departments are not included in these statistics.