- Updated on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 7:33 pm
The Human Resources Department provides expertise, consultation and leadership in management of the City's human resources. We promote an environment of collaboration and continuous learning that advances supervisory knowledge in effective human resources principles, positive employee-management relations, and the well-being of employees. We develop and maintain innovative and responsive systems and programs that help recruit, retain and sustain a high quality workforce and encourage a commitment to excellence.
- The City is recognized as THE employer of choice in the local labor market.
- Managers and supervisors are knowledgeable of the best practices in human resources management.
- Communications and relations between employees and management are positive and there exists a collaborative environment in which labor and management can achieve common goals.
- The City's classification and compensation systems are contemporary, flexible, fair and equitable; and reward and recognize employees for their contributions.
- Cultural awareness and diversity is an integral part of the City's workforce and activities.
- Human Resources systems, rules, policies and procedures anticipate organizational needs and provide guidance utilizing best practices in the field of human resources management.
- The needs of our customers are the principal focus of our daily endeavors. We contribute to their success through a mutual exchange of ideas, being respectful of their motives and flexible in finding solutions.
- Integrity is expressed in all that we do and say. We are open, honest and respectful of others.
- Diversity in the City's culture is critical to success. Employees are respectful of differences and appreciative of the backgrounds and unique experiences that each of us brings to the workplace.
- Continuous improvement through innovation and thoughtful risk-taking will allow the organization and employees to grow.
- Our success is dependent on each other's success. We work and communicate effectively as a team, respecting each other's values and ideas. We are responsible for each other's reputation.
- All employees have a significant role in the achievement of the City's mission. Recognition of employees' contributions results in superior performance.
Translate this page: