Albany Community Pool (ACP)
- Updated on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 October 16, 2013
About the Albany Community Pool
Albany Community Pool was built in 1978 and opened in 1979. It is located next to South Albany High School. It is a community pool (open to all) and it is open year round. It has 327,000 gallons of water and is 3' to 12' deep. This 50-meter, Olympic-size pool is kept at 84 degrees.
The Albany Community Pool offers a hot tub that is kept at 102 degrees and has an 8 person capacity. The pool offers swim lessons year round, on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the evenings. It also offers swimming lessons Mondays through Fridays in the mornings during the summer months.
Program offerings include lap swimming, exercise classes such as senior aqua jogging and aqua fitness, family and recreation swims, pool rentals, and youth swim lessons.
The pool has some items such as goggles for sale as well as a small snack bar.
- Youth $3.00 (3 & Under Free); Adult $3.50; Family $10.00 (max. 6 people, $2 per addl.); Senior (55+) $3.25
Punch Cards (20 punches per card)
- Youth $55; Adult $65; Seniors (55+) $60; Combo (10 Youth, 10 Adult) $60
Annual Membership Pass
- Youth $200; Adult $225; Senior (55+) $210; Family (Everyone Living In Your Home) $365; Sports Pass: $200, $175, $150 (See staff for details)
Rec Swim & Classes
|Rec/Open Swim||M||6:30-8pm||General Admission||Children under 6 years of age must be accompanied in the water by an adult|
|Family Swim||W & F||6:30-8pm||General Admission||Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.|
|Lap Swim||M-F||5:30-8am, Noon-1pm, 6-7pm||General Admission|
|Parent/Child Class||Tu & Th||6-6:30pm||$4 per class or $37 for 10 punch card|
|Adult Water Aerobics||Tu & Th||7-8pm||$4 per class or $37 for 10 punch card||Held in shallow water (4-4.5 ft)|
|Adult Aqua Jog||M & W||6-7pm||$4 per class or $37 for 10 punch card||Held in deep water using floatation|
|Senior Fitness||M, Tu, Th, F||7:15-8:15am, 8:15-9:15am||$3.25 per class or $60 for 20 punch card|
Youth Swimming Lessons
Red Cross swimming instruction; All instructors are trained; Parent/Child, Preschool 1-3 and Levels 1-6; Not all levels available at all time slots. Space may still be available, please call 541-967-4521.
- 30-minute classes from 6-8:05pm, Tu & Th
- $36 (8 lessons)
- July 30-August 22
- Dates (Call for Registration information):
- September 10 - October 3
- October 8 - 31
- November 5 - 26 (7 Classes - $31.50)
- January 7 - 30
- February 4 - 27
- March 4 - 20 (6 Classes - $27.00)
- April 1 - 24
- April 29 - May 22
Friday Family Movie Nights
- Next dates (SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE): October 18, November 22, January 17, February 21, March 14
- Watch a movie in the pool from 7-9pm! (Bring your own float)
- Under 16 years must have a parent with them; under 6 must have parent in the water with them.
- $3.50 Adults / $3 Children / $10 Family of 6 ($2 each additional); Movie FREE with paid pool admission
- November 2, 11, 28, 29
- December 24th @ 3:00 pm and December 25th
- December 31st @ 3:00 pm and January 1
- January 20
- February 14, 15
- May 2 @ 3:00 pm and May 3, 26, 31
- June 6 @ 3:00 pm and June 7
Upcoming Additional Swims
- October 11
- November 25, 26, 27
- December 23, 24, 26, 27, 30, 31
- January 2, 3, 24, 27
- February 17
- March 24 - 28
- April 4, 10, 11
- June 11, 12, 13
Albany Community Pool Rules
- All persons are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
- No person suffering from a communicable disease transmissible by water shall use the pool.
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol or drug shall not use the pool.
- No back dives, flips, or twists off the side of the pool are allowed.
- No glass of any kind is allowed on the deck or in the water.
- No person shall swim alone.
- No person shall run or engage in horseplay in or around the pool.
- No abusive language is allowed.Lifeguard's decisions are final.
Recreation Swim: Children under 6 years of age must have a parent in the water within reach of the child. If lifejackets are worn, they must be U.S. Coast Guard approved and an adult must be in the water within reach of the child.
Family Swim: Youth under 16 years of age must have an adult with them in the water. Individuals may bring their own pool toys, mask, and/or snorkel. Lifejackets must be US Coast Guard approved and an adult must be within reach of the child.
Hot Tub: Children· 6 to 13 years of age must be supervised by an adult. Children under 6 years of age are not allowed in the hot tub.
Albany Community Pool Fee Schedule and Availability
The Albany Community Pool (ACP) is an excellent place to hold a birthday party, have a neighborhood outing, or plan a company event.
Schedule: Half pool, whole pool, and deck time rentals are available. Based on availability, the pool may be rented for the following days and times:
- Saturdays, 4:30 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Late Evenings by Arrangement
- Sundays, Afternoons By Arrangement
Fee Schedule: Fees vary based on the number of people, the space rented, and whether or not deck time is required. In general, fees are:
- ½ Pool with 1 Guard for up to 40 People: $65 per hour
- Entire Pool with 2 Guards for up to 70 People: $110 per hour
- Each additional 40 People: $15 per hour additional rental fee
- Deck Time: $15 for 45 minutes
Note: All rentals are subject to a refundable cleaning and security deposit.
For additional information regarding fees and availability, please contact 541-967-4521.
Albany Community Pool Rental Procedures
What You Should Know
- No glass is allowed in the pool area. No cell phones are allowed in the locker rooms.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult. One adult is required for every ten children present in areas other than the pool. In the pool area, a responsible adult is required for every six children present, and one adult for every four children under the age of six.
- Smoking and possession/consumption of alcohol are prohibited in all areas of the building and pool area.
- The facility must be left undamaged and in clean condition. Preparation and clean-up time must be included in the reservation request.
- Renters may exceed the reserved time only if approved by staff. Renters will be charged for exceeding the reserved time period based on the established fee schedule.
- Only rooms rented may be used, and all customer-provided equipment must be approved.
What You Should Do
- Determine the date and space availability by contacting Albany Community Pool Staff (541/967-4521).
- Submit a completed facility use application.
- Include all set-up, decorating, and clean-up times in the requested reservation time.
- When submitting the application, allow approximately 10 minutes for reviewing the application and discussing guidelines with facility staff.
- Pay appropriate rental fees at the time of application.
- Read rules and regulations listed on the back of the facility use application. Date and sign the document.
- You are responsible for your own set-up, take down, clean up, and storage of tables, chairs and pool toys. When reserving the facility, allow enough time to complete these tasks.
- Customer-provided equipment must be approved by staff.
- Damage to equipment or facility will result in forfeiture of deposits and an assessment of replacement costs.
- Decorating or changes to the facility must be discussed at the time of application.
- You must remove all supplies, equipment and food promptly at the conclusion of your rental.
- If additional janitorial maintenance is required after your use of the facility, you will be responsible for all costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Albany Community pool open to the public?
Yes it is! It is open to everyone regardless of age or ability. It offers Lap Swims, Exercise Classes, Family and Recreation Swims, Rentals, and Youth Swim Lessons.
Do you have lifeguards?
Yes we do! Our lifeguards are all trained and certified. They are committed to keeping you and your family safe.
Do you offer swim lessons year round or only in the summer?
The Albany Community Pool offers lessons on Tuesday and Thursday evenings year round and morning lessons during the summer.
What is the pool temp?
The pool is kept at 84 degrees.
What is the difference between Recreation Swim and Family Swim?
Recreation Swims mean that anyone over the age of six can be dropped off and swim. Family Swims mean that anyone under age 16 must have an adult with them in the water.
Do you have a hot tub?
Yes, we do! Patrons 14 and older can use it or ages 6-13 if they have an adult with them. The hot tub is kept at 102 degrees and has an 8 person capacity.
Who can swim during lap swim times?
Anyone wanting to swim laps can use the pool during lap swim times. The lap swim area is not available for general play during those times.
Does a yearly membership start January 1st or when I purchase it?
It begins when you purchase it and expires one year from the date you purchased it.
Do you have lockers available for use?
Yes, we have rental lockers available in a variety of sizes. Costs range from 10 cents to 25 cents.
How old is the pool?
It was built in 1978 and opened in 1979. It currently is 32 years old.
Where is the Albany Community Pool located and who operates it?
It is located next to South Albany High School and is operated by the City of Albany. It is a community pool that is operated year round.
How large is the Albany Community Pool?
It is an Olympic sized, 50 meter pool. It has 327,000 gallons of water. The pool ranges from 3 to 12 feet deep.
Translate this page: