- Updated on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 7:33 pm
Located at Swanson Park Action Center, the COOL! pool was built in 2005 on the site of the old Swanson Pool. It has 81,800 gallons of water and is kept at 84 degrees. The pool features a zero depth entry and is 4.5' deep at its deepest. COOL! has a 36' high slide and a Lazy River. The play structure is surrounded by a large amount of water that is only 18" deep.
COOL! Pool opens the first Saturday after school is out for the summer and closes Labor Day. Program offerings include parent/child hour, lap swimming, exercise classes such as the river class, family and recreation swims, pool rentals, and youth swim lessons.
Lap Swim/Exercise Classes
|River Current Exercise||11am - Noon
|11am - Noon
||11am - Noon
|11am - Noon||11am - Noon|
|Youth||10:05-10:35 am||10:05-10:35 am||10:05-10:35 am||10:05-10:35 am||10:05-10:35 am|
|10:40-11:10 am||10:40-11:10 am||10:40-11:10 am||10:40-11:10 am||10:40-11:10 am|
|11-11:45 am||11-11:45 am||11-11:45 am||11-11:45 am||11-11:45 am|
Registration also by phone beginning June 2nd. Call and leave a message, we will call you back when we are in the office. Phone registration requires valid credit/debit card.
Registration: TBA, Cost $45.00
- June 18 – 29
- July 2 – 13 (*9 class session; No class Monday July 4, 2011; Cost: $40.50)
- July 16 - 27
Registration: Friday July 6, 2011 @ 10:00 am Cost $45.00
- July 30 - August 10
- August 13 - 24
Weather policy: Cool! Pool will conduct swimming lessons as long as it is safe to do so. If there is thunder and/or lightning, class will be cancelled. Please call the pool to be sure. There are no refunds for classes cancelled due to inclement weather.
Swim Lesson Refund Policy: Refunds for swim lessons are made only if the class is canceled for the entire session, if the student drops the class before the first scheduled class, or in the event of illness or injury. There is a $3.00 handling charge for all refunds, except in the case of the class being canceled for the session. To request a refund, please see the cashier on duty.
|Parent-Tot (under 6)||Noon-1 pm||Noon-1 pm||Noon-1 pm||Noon-1 pm||Noon-1 pm||Noon-1 pm|
|Open Swim||1-5 pm||1-4 pm
|1-4 pm||1-4 pm
|Family Night||5-8 pm||5-8 pm|
|Individual Admission:||Daily Rate||10-Visit Punchcard||Season Pass*|
|Family (Up to 4 people. Each additional family member pays individual rate.)||$250.00||$300.00|
*Season Pass holders are entitled to a 20% discount on swim lessons and water exercise classes at COOL!.
- All persons are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
- No diving, front flips, or back flips.
- No person under the influence of an intoxicating liquor or drug or who is suffering from a communicable disease transmissible via water may use the pool.
- No person shall swim alone.
- No person shall run or engage in horseplay in or around the pool.
- No person shall bring, throw, or carry food, drink, smoking material, trash, debris, or any other foreign substances into the pool.
- Youngsters five or under must have an adult in the water with them.
- No smoking.
- No abusive language.
- No cell phone usage in the locker rooms because of privacy issues.
- No excessive splashing.
- No weapons.
- The lifeguard’s decision is final.
- Slide feet first only.
- Slide sitting up or lying on your back.
- Slide one person at a time only.
- Always enter the pool feet first. Do not somersault, twist, or dive from the end of the slide.
Locker Room Rules
- All locks and personal belongings must be removed daily.
- Not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Please bring a completed rental application to the pool for final confirmation. Rentals are not scheduled until we have received all fees and confirmed the date is available.
(Min. 1 hour)
|5:30-9 pm||7:15-9:15 pm||8:15-9:15 pm||7:15-9:15 pm
||8:15-9:15 pm||7:15-9:15 pm||5:30-9 pm|
|5 day advanced notice for all rentals.||Hourly Fee
(Min. 1 hour)
|Facility Rental||Group Size||Resident||Non-Res.|
(MAXIMUM CAPACITY 400)
(MAXIMUM CAPACITY 20)
In addition, there is a $100.00 refundable deposit for all Pool rentals and a $35.00 refundable deposit for all Community Room rentals.
What You Should Know
- No glass is allowed in the pool area. No cell phones are allowed in the locker rooms.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult. One adult is required for every ten children present in areas other than the pool. In the pool area, a responsible adult is required for every six children present, and one adult for every four children under the age of six.
- Smoking and possession/consumption of alcohol are prohibited in all areas of the building and pool area.
- The facility must be left undamaged and in clean condition. Preparation and clean-up time must be included in the reservation request.
- Renters may exceed the reserved time only if approved by staff. Renters will be charged for exceeding the reserved time period based on the established fee schedule.
- Only rooms rented may be used, and all customer-provided equipment must be approved.
- A reservation for use of the total facility entitles users to access the Recreation Room, Community Room, and pool area. Such reservations ensure that no other rentals of the facility will occur at the same time. Total facility rental does not entitle the renter to use of office or storage space.
What You Should Do
- Determine the date and space availability by contacting COOL! Swanson Park Action Center (917-7751). If you do not reach someone, please leave a message with date and time desired. Someone will call you back as soon as possible.
- Submit a completed facility use application.
- Include all set-up, decorating, and clean-up times in the requested reservation time.
- When submitting the application, allow approximately 10 minutes for reviewing the application and discussing guidelines with facility staff.
- Pay appropriate rental fees at the time of application. Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the scheduled event for a refund minus a $10 processing fee.
- Read rules and regulations listed on the back of the facility use application. Date and sign the document.
- You are responsible for your own set-up, take down, clean up, and storage of tables, chairs and pool toys. When reserving the facility, allow enough time to complete these tasks.
- Customer-provided equipment must be approved and listed on the COOL! Swanson Park Action Center Rental Application. All equipment must be picked up and carried when moving (no pushing, pulling or dragging furniture allowed). Damage to equipment or facility will result in forfeiture of deposits and an assessment of replacement costs.
- Decorating or changes to the facility must be discussed at the time of application. The use of push pins, staples, cellophane, adhesive or masking tapes on tables, walls, or ceilings is not permitted. Painter’s masking tape is acceptable for use.
- You must remove all supplies, equipment and food promptly at the conclusion of your rental.
- If additional janitorial maintenance is required after your use of the facility, you will be responsible for all costs.
Translate this page: