Albany Community Pool (ACP)
- About this page:
- Last Updated: December 21, 2015 December 21, 2015
Albany Community Pool (ACP) is a 50-meter, Olympic-size community pool located next to South Albany High School. It is open to all year round. Programs include evening swim lessons year round as well as morning swim lessons in the summer, lap swimming, water exercise classes, family and recreation swims, rentals, and family movie nights.
Family Movie Nights
Fridays, 7-9 p.m.
Bring the family and join us in the water for a G or PG-rated movie! Light snacks will be provided. Join in the fun! Regular admission prices apply. Movies are shown at the Albany Community Pool in the shallow end. Bring your favorite float and enjoy the evening.
- 1/1 - New Year’s Day
- 1/18 - Martin Luther King Day
- 2/12–2/13 - High School Swimming: Districts
- 4/29 (at 3 p.m.) - Swim Meet
- 4/30 - Swim Meet
Schools Out Swims, 1-3 p.m.
Activities & Classes
|Rec/Open Swim||M||6:30-8 p.m.||General Admission Prices||Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied in the water by an adult|
|W||2-3 p.m.||Special rate $3|
|Sa||1-4 p.m.||General Admission Prices|
|Family Swim||W & F||6:30-8 p.m.||General Admission Prices||Children 15 and under must be accompanied in the water by an adult.|
|Lap Swim||M-F||5:30-8 a.m.,
|General Admission Prices|
|Youth Swim Lessons||Tu & Th||6-6:30 p.m.,
|$36 for 8 classes, *$31.50 for 7 classes||Registration for 1/5-1/28 and 2/2-2/25 is now open.
Registration for 3/1-3/17 will begin 2/11 at 5:30 p.m.
|Parent/Child Class||Tu & Th||6-6:30 p.m.||$4 per class or $37 for 10 punch card||Held in shallow water (4-4.5 ft)|
|Adult Water Aerobics||Tu & Th||7-8 p.m.||$4 per class or $37 for 10 punch card||Held in shallow water (4-4.5 ft)|
|Adult Aqua Jog||M & W||6-7 p.m.||$4 per class or $37 for 10 punch card||Held in deep water using flotation|
|Tu & Th||Noon-1 p.m.|
|Senior Fitness||M,Tu,Th,F||7-8 a.m., 8-9 a.m.||$3.25 per class or $60 for 20 punch card||Held in shallow water (4-4.5 ft)|
Youth Swimming Lessons
Red Cross swimming instruction; All instructors are trained; Parent/Child, Preschool 1-3 and Levels 1-6; Not all levels available at all time slots. Space may still be available, please call 541-967-4521.
Recreational Swims/Open Swims/Family Swim Rules
- Bring your own toys and masks, (snorkels and fins approved only during family swim). All lifejackets must be Coast Guard approved.
- Adult Supervision: An adult must be in the water within reach of a child wearing a flotation device.
- Hot Tub: 6 to 13 year olds must be supervised by an adult. Children under 6 years old are not allowed in the hot tub.
|Admission Type||Admission||20 Punch Card||Annual Pass|
|Youth (18 & under)||$3.25||$60||$210|
|Sports Pass (see staff for details)||$210|
|*up to 6 people, $2 per additional **10 youth, 10 adults ***everyone in home|
The rental price includes 1 hour of pool use and 1 lifeguard for up to 40 people. You may rent the entire pool for $110 per hour. The price for half pool rental is $65 per hour. In addition, there is a $40 refundable cleaning/damage deposit for all ACP pool rentals. Call 541-967-4521 for all ACP reservations.
- Built 1978, opened 1979
- 327,000 gallons of water
- Shallowest point, 3 feet
- Deepest point, 12 feet
- Average temperature, 84°F
- 8-person hot tub (kept at 102 degrees) is available for patrons 14 and older (or ages 6-13 with an adult)
- The pool has some items such as goggles for sale as well as a small snack bar