Vehicles-Parked Illegally or Abandoned
- Updated on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 7:33 pm
13.21.030 Prohibited parking areas.
(12) Upon any street, alley, public parking lot, or parking strip in the City with any vehicle or combination of vehicles which are in excess of 23 feet in length or in excess of eight feet in width between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. of the following day and all day on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
(13) (e) Storage or junkage or dead storage for more than 24 hours.(Ord. 5062 § 1, 1993; Ord. 4702 § 2, 1986).
(1)"Abandoned" means a vehicle left unoccupied and unclaimed; or in such a damaged or disabled or dismantled condition that the vehicle is inoperable; or not currently licensed through the Motor Vehicle Division, if such a license is required by law.
13.70.020 Abandoned vehicles prohibited.
(1) No vehicle that the Chief of Police has reason to believe is abandoned shall be parked or left standing on the right-of-way of a City street, alley, or City property for a period in excess of 24 hours.
(2) A vehicle so parked or left standing may be taken into custody by the Chief of Police and shall be held at the expense of the owner of the vehicle. The Chief of Police may use department personnel, equipment, and facilities for removal and storage of the vehicle or may hire other personnel, equipment, and facilities for that purpose. (Ord. 4971 § 1, 1991; Ord 3562 § 2, 1971).
13.36.180 Motor vehicle or recreational vehicle use for sleeping or housekeeping purposes and related parking restrictions.
It is unlawful, within the City limits, for any person to use a motor vehicle or recreational vehicle for sleeping or housekeeping purposes except as follows:
(1) Within an approved recreational vehicle park;
(2) On the premises of a private residence and with the consent of the occupant of the residence provided that such use by any number of vehicles is limited to not more than seven days in any 90-day period;
(3) Within a required front yard setback, as established by the Albany Development Code, parking of such vehicles is limited to not more than 48 hours.
(4) Within a public right-of-way, parking of self-contained recreational vehicles is limited to 48 hours.
Translate this page: