- Updated on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 July 16, 2014
The Hiring Process
Come join our Team! If you are looking for challenge, we have the job for you. We offer excellent pay and benefits.
|Job Title:||Police Communications Specialist|
|Closing Date/Time:||Fri. 08/01/14 11:59 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$3,448.00 - $4,379.00 Monthly
$41,376.00 - $52,548.00 Annually
|Job Type:||Regular, Full-time|
LATERAL POLICE OFFICERS*
to establish a pool of candidates to fill vacancies as they become available
* A lateral police officer is someone who has completed at least 3 years of continuous service and is in good standing with his/her current/most recent police agency as a sworn police officer (responsible for 9-1-1 calls) for a recognized state, county or city (municipal) entity.
Salary Range: $4,237 to $5,337 per month (Salary placement contingent upon qualifications to include years of service as a certified police officer, and any training/assignments in special law enforcement areas.)
Salary Incentives: The following salary incentives shall be applied to monthly base salary upon hire if applicable/approved, and/or as received and assigned/approved.
** Degree may be in any field of study.NOTE: Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, total education and DPSST certification incentive combined will not exceed eight (8%) percent at one time.
- Fronted sick and vacation leave may be considered upon hire at the discretion of the Chief of Police.
- City-provided uniforms, duty weapon, equipment, and uniform cleaning.
- Officers with canine assignment shall receive 10 hrs of overtime credit per month.
- Annual firearms range membership paid by City.
Upon review of application materials, successful candidates will be invited for a full-day screening process to include the Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT) and formal oral board interview. Successful candidates will then be placed in an eligibility pool and considered further upon a position becoming vacant. Prior to a formal offer being extended, selected candidates will be extended a conditional offer of employment contingent upon a successful preemployment background investigation followed by a successful psychological and medical evaluation including drug screen.
$24.44 - $30.79 Hourly
The City of Albany will consider and/or apply any applicable incentives including but not limited to the following:
1. City-provided uniforms, duty weapon, equipment, and uniform cleaning for sworn, uniformed personnel.
2. Annual firearms range membership paid by City.
3. Bilingual Pay (Spanish)
4. 2% ORPAT Pay (must have score of 5 minutes 30 seconds or less twice annually)
5. Education Pay *
3% - Associate's Degree
6% - Bachelor's Degree
6. DPSST Certification Pay *
* Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, total education and DPSST certification incentive pay will not exceed eight (8%) percent at one time.
The Albany Police Department’s Hiring Process:
Initial Application Review
Speed/Video Conference Interview: Five (5) minute face-to-face interview for invited applicants. Applicants living more than approximately 150 miles away, will be given the option for a video conference interview.
* Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT): Obstacle course consisting of jogging, jumping, crawling, climbing stairs, crossing a balance beam 6 inches wide by 15 feet long, manipulating a push and pull station, controlling 80 lbs or weight, and dragging a 165 lb. dummy 25 feet , as required by DPSST in 5 minutes and 30 seconds.
* Written Evaluation/Test (Ergometrics)
Oral Board Interview: Formal face-to-face interview with interview panel.
Pre-Employment Background Investigation
Pre-Employment Psychological Evaluation
Pre-Employment Medical Evaluation
* NOTE: Test scores for the written and physical abilities tests will not be accepted or shared from/with other law enforcement testing agencies. In addition, test scores from this testing process will not be provided to applicants or other testing law enforcement agencies.