50 Year Ago: Remembering the Christmas Flood of 1964
- Created on Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 10:11 am December 16, 2014
December 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the Christmas Flood of 1964, which caused $157 million in damage ($1.1 billion in today's dollars), and as a result, 17 Oregonians lost their lives. No one knows when the next major flood event will occur. The City of Albany encourages you to be flood-ready.
Human Relations Award Competition Deadline Extended to January 30, 2015
- Created on Monday, October 13, 2014, 9:19 am October 13, 2014
Nominations are now open for the Human Relations Commission Award, sponsored by the City of Albany Human Relations Commission.
Park Facilities Close for Winter Season
- Created on Monday, October 13, 2014, 8:42 am October 13, 2014
Albany Parks & Recreation staff has begun winterizing park restrooms and preparing parks for the winter season. Park restrooms will close beginning Monday, October 20, 2014.
Albany park facilities may be rented daily beginning May 1, 2015 through the end of September 2015. Park shelters may be reserved up to 13 months in advance.
Five ways to get weather-ready for Fall
- Created on Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 12:54 pm September 03, 2014
2013 Water Quality Report Available
- Created on Thursday, June 5, 2014, 2:33 pm June 05, 2014
Albany Recognized For Performance Management Focus
- Created on Friday, July 18, 2014, 7:46 am July 18, 2014
The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is pleased to announce that Albany, Oregon, is being recognized for its performance management efforts with a Certificate of Excellence from the ICMA Center for Performance Analytics™.