- Updated on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 March 04, 2014
- Population: 50,720 (2013 PSU estimate) 11th largest city in Oregon.
- Founded: 1848, incorporated in 1864, and adopted home rule charter in 1891.
- Counties: Linn County seat; 2nd largest city in Benton County
- ZIP Codes: 97321 and 97322
- Location: 44° 38' N latitude, 123° 7' W longitudeWillamette Valley45 miles north of Eugene69 miles south of Portland24 miles south of SalemOnline local maps are available from our GIS section of our Web site.
- Area: 17.7 square miles (city limits), 21.7 square miles (Urban Growth Boundary)
- Elevation: 180-520 feet above sea level
- Form of government: Council-Manager
- Current tax rate: $6.39 per thousand dollars of assessed value
- City budget (FY 2011-2012): $164.9 million ($30.4 million General Fund)
- City employees: Approximately 380
Translate this page: