The Human Relations Commission (HRC) was established in 2007 by the Albany City Council to strengthen connections within Albany’s diverse community by being committed to the philosophy of inclusion, equal opportunity, fair treatment for all residents of Albany and promoting harmonious relations among the citizens of Albany.
It was created to recommend programs, activities, ordinances, expenditures, and other appropriate governmental activities which will serve the goal of maintaining respectful interactions within our community. The HRC recommendations are submitted to the City Council and City Manager.
In formulating its recommendations, the HRC strives for actions that lead to positive and respectful relations committing to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the community. The duties of the Commission do not include the investigation or sanctioning of individual acts of unlawful or discriminatory behavior, but instead focus on recommending community activities that may be expected to promote positive change.
- 2019 HRC Annual Report (2.44MB pdf)
- 2018 HRC Annual Report (2.62MB pdf)
- 2017 HRC Annual Report (6.76MB pdf)
- 2016 HRC Annual Report (4.42MB pdf)
- 2015 HRC Annual Report (1.08MB pdf)
- 2014 HRC Annual Report (3.25MB pdf)
- 2013 HRC Annual Report (4.01MB pdf)
- 2012 HRC Annual Report (2.39MB pdf)
- 2010-2011 HRC Annual Report (1.45MB pdf)
- 2009 HRC Annual Report (2.4MB pdf)
- 2007-2008 HRC Annual Report (3.89MB pdf)
Limited English Proficiency Plan
Term of office: 3 years
|Miriam Cummins||1/13/2021||Ward 3-a||12/31/2021||—|
|Leslie Chartier||1/13/2021||Ward 3-b||12/31/2021||—|
|Greg Soriano||2/22/2021||Ward 2-b||12/31/2021||—|
|Derrick Samuels||1/13/2021||Ward 1-b||12/31/2022||1st|
|Juan Meave||2/22/2021||Ward 2-a||12/31/2023||1st|
|Stephanie Newton C||1/10/2018||Ward 1-a||12/31/2023||2nd|
C = Chair, VC = Vice Chair Find your council ward