The Transportation Commission will act in an advisory capacity to the City Council and staff on matters relating to transportation policy in Albany. Such matters may include:
- Recommendations on multi-modal transportation opportunities and concerns
- Evaluations of level-of-service alternatives, including funding options for transportation needs
- Evaluations of travel demand management alternatives
- Recommendations regarding the city code as it relates to transportation
- Assistance with coordination of transportation issues with other government agencies
- Analysis and recommendations to staff and the City Council on transportation projects for the Capital Improvement Program, grant funding opportunities, and master plan updates
- Master plan updates, including the Transportation System Plan
- Funding needs within the transportation system, and options for increasing annual funding
- Updates on ODOT projects that affect the Albany transportation network
The Commission will have seven voting members nominated and appointed by the City Council. Each council member will make one appointment. Councilors should seek to recruit members who represent knowledge or interest in the areas of bicycle and pedestrian issues, public transit, and traffic safety, although they are not required to do so.
Term of office: 3 years
|Kristen Andrews||1/11/2023||Ward 2-a||12/31/2023||—|
|Terry Virnig||1/11/2023||Ward 3-b||12/31/2024||—|
|Vacant — appointment pending||Ward 1-b||12/31/2024||—|
|Vacant — appointment pending||Ward 1-a||12/31/2025||—|
|Vacant — appointment pending||Ward 2-b||12/31/2025||—|
|Vacant — appointment pending||Mayor||12/31/2025||—|
*Appointments within six months of position start date are considered full term.
C = Chair, VC = Vice Chair
All appointees shall be residents of the city of Albany, defined as maintaining their principal place of residence within the corporate boundaries of the city of Albany as they exist at the time of appointment. Should an appointee no longer meet the residency requirement, the appointee will vacate the seat immediately and the appointing Council member shall seek a replacement as soon as possible. (RES 6797, 2019)
There are no documents available for this group in 2023.