Storefront Revitalization Grant Program
- About this page:
- Last Updated: June 19, 2018 June 19, 2018
The Storefront Revitalization Grant program is intended for exterior projects with significant aesthetic improvement. Properties must have the following zoning: HD, CB, LE, MS. Examples include awnings, signage, exterior lighting, storefront improvements, and associated city fees.
|Program Allocation||Timing||CARA Funding||Overall Project Costs||Minimum Private Match||Fees|
Three times per year (March, July, November).
|$2,500 ‐ $10,000 per project||$5,000 ‐ $20,000+||50% of project costs||none|
|Applications due 2/28, 6/30, and 10/31, respectively.|
- Property owners who can show fee title
- Business owners who show written evidence that property owner has authorized work for which application is made
- Properties must be located within the Central Albany Revitalization Area and in the HB, CB, LE, or MS zones
- Qualifying structures include commercial and mixed‐use buildings
Projects that provide significant aesthetic improvement to a property’s exterior are eligible for grant funding, including:
- Exterior lighting
Interior or deferred maintenance projects are not eligible.
See the General Information sheet for other important CARA program details.