Car Seat Inspections
- About this page:
- Last Updated: November 19, 2019 November 19, 2019
The Albany Fire Department has partnered with local volunteers to provide car seat inspections to our community, staffed by certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians.
Upcoming Inspection Events
5-7 p.m. at Fire Station 11
The clinics for 2019 have been completed.
We will be scheduling 2020 events very soon!
611 Lyon Street SE
Enter from the back gate at 6th & Baker
Contact the Albany Child Passenger Safety Technicians
Other car seat safety resources:
Statistics according to recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) studies.
Car Seat Distribution Program
The Albany Area Child Passenger Safety Program, in partnership with the Albany Firefighters Community Assistance Fund (AFFCAF), has been awarded a grant from the Oregon Department of Transportation to provide low cost seats to income eligible families. If your child is in need of a car seat, a referral may be obtained from Love, Inc, or from WIC for families who are currently eligible for and receiving WIC benefits.
Car Seat Distribution Program Guidelines
- One seat per child
- Seats are distributed only during scheduled Seat Check Events.
- The child receiving the seat must be present; seats are not distributed for unborn babies.
- Properly fitting seats will be distributed; the program cannot provide infant only seats. Convertible car seats are well suited for small babies throughout the toddler & preschool years.
- The vehicle in which the child travels must be brought to the seat check event.
- Caregivers will be taught to correctly install and use the car seat.
- There is a $30.00 co-pay per seat which must be paid in cash at the time the seat is received.
Love, INC of Linn County is located at 1606 Santiam Rd. SE and can be reached at 541-924-LOVE (5683).