Parks & Recreation
- About this page:
- Last Updated: August 8, 2019 August 8, 2019
Take our short survey!
The City of Albany is updating its master plan for parks and recreation. The new plan will guide our efforts to provide the parks, facilities, trails, and recreation opportunities desired by residents.
In less than five minutes, you could help us identify community priorities and the best ways to invest our resources in the future!
Fun in the Park
Wednesdays the fun comes to a park near you! Fun for all ages.
Five concerts light up Thursday summer nights in Monteith Riverpark.
A relaxing Monday night summer music series featuring regional entertainment from across the Pacific Northwest.
Northwest Art & Air Festival
End the summer Northwest-style: hot-air balloons, art vendors, children's activities, music on the main stage and much more.
or, download the print version of Activate!
We promote healthy living through recreational experiences and serve as stewards of Albany's public parks and facilities.
- Ensure the community has the recreational experiences they want and need.
- Ensure that our parks and facilities meet the community's needs.
- Establish and sustain a team that possesses the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to pursue our mission.
- Secure and sustain the financial resources required to meet community needs.
- Provide stewardship of Albany's natural resources through our public parks, facilities, and recreation experiences.
- Establish and sustain effective collaboration and partnerships with other community stakeholders in pursuit of our mission.