Park and Shelter Rental Policies & Forms
- About this page:
- Last Updated: May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019
The City of Albany manages over 770 acres of park land, walking trails and open spaces. Some facilities are available for public rental:
Bowman, Bryant, Grand Prairie, Monteith
late spring–early fall
Monteith, Timber Linn
late spring–early fall
All fees and deposits are required at the time of reservation.
Payments may be made by phone with a MasterCard or Visa, or in person at Albany City Hall, 333 Broadalbin Street SW. The reservation phone line is 541-917-7777.
Fees and Amenities
Rental fees and amenities vary by park site. Some park sites include electricity, sinks and stoves.
- Rental-Fees-Amenities Please refer to this sheet for additional information on park shelter fees, seating capacity and amenities. It also provides pricing for our sports complexes at Timber Linn and Bryant Parks.
- Commercial Use Commercial use of a park requires approved Rental Reservation Form, applicable rental payment, and payment based on commercial gross sales (generally 15%). Contact staff for additional information, 541-917-7777.
- Park Amenities Matrix of park amenities available.
- Park Map of Albany
Some activities in City Parks are allowed by permit only; they include amplified sound, road closures and parades, wood recovery and alcohol use in some specific parks.
- Permit Form Please complete a “Permit Form” for sound, road closures, parades and wood recovery.
- Alcohol Permit Form Only beer and wine, no hard liquor, may be consumed in the parks. Albany Skate Park, Bryant, Bowman, Burkhart, Dave Clark Path, Eads Park, Eleanor Park, Kinder Park, Monteith Park and the Oak Creek Greenbelt and Trail require the completion of an “Alcohol Permit Form”. Other events and activities may require an alcohol permit. “No Host Bars” or the consumption of alcohol in conjunction with the sale of or charge for anything at an event requires an OLCC Permit (obtained from the OLCC).
- Permit-Codes This will provide you with some Albany Municipal Code (AMC) information for sound, road closures, parades and wood recovery in our parks.
Refunds and Deposits
- Our mission is to be good stewards of Albany’s parks and facilities. Occasionally, we may need to cancel a rental reservation. In the event the department cancels a facility or park reservation, a full refund will be offered.
- If a renter decides for any reason to cancel more than 30 days prior to the rental, a full refund will be given, less a $25 processing fee. Cancellations made less than 30 days before the rental will result in a forfeit of the rental fees, however, deposits paid will be returned. If another renter is found, fees and deposits paid will be returned, less a $25 processing fee. Permit (alcohol, sound, etc.) fees are non-refundable. Rental fees and deposits may not be transferred to another date or facility.
- In order to provide you with a positive experience in our parks and shelters, as well as to best utilize our staff in their given responsibilities a “Deposit Checklist” has been provided. To receive your deposit back after your rental, THE AREA YOU RESERVED MUST BE LEFT IN AT LEAST AS GOOD OF CONDITION AS YOU FOUND IT.
- Please complete the Rental Reservation Form to reserve a shelter in one of the City parks.
- Reservations for park shelters and open space are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Park shelters may be reserved up to 13 months in advance.
- Reservations give renters exclusive use of the shelters only. The remainder of the park is open to the public. Open space in City parks is not available for rent.
- For large events or special requests, Parks & Recreation will work with you to identify services available.