Albany Police Department
- About this page:
- Last Updated: October 10, 2018 October 10, 2018
The Albany Police Department serves over 52,000 residents and employs sixty-five sworn officers and thirty-four civilian staff who carry on a rich tradition of professional public safety service. The Department provides 24-hour service to the community every day of the year.
Community partnerships are integral to our success in maintaining the public safety in Albany. In order to accomplish our mission of "Excellence Through Service," we encourage community involvement and input. Citizens share a responsibility to actively report all public safety concerns and work closely with us to help resolve problems and develop long-term solutions. We encourage citizens to become involved through programs like our Citizens' Police Academy, Neighborhood Watch, Safe and Secure Seniors Independent (SASSI), Graffiti Abatement, Ride-a-Long Patrol Observation, or Neighborhood Speed Watch. You may contact our Community Resource Unit at 541-917-3206 for further information on any of our community education programs. By working together, we will continue to create and maintain the quality of life we expect for all who live in and visit Albany.
Join our team!
- Competitive pay and benefit package.
- $4,000 incentive paid on the first regular payroll after start date (Laterals only)
- $4,000 incentive paid after completion of two years of employment (Laterals only)
- Oregon DPSST (certifying body) honors most out of state academy training.
- Laterals are offered an expedited screening process to minimize trips during the process.
- Read more...