Records, Property and Evidence
- About this page:
- Last Updated: February 8, 2018 February 8, 2018
Seven Police Records Clerks:
- Process police reports and records.
- Provide a variety of police-related information to the public and governmental agencies.
- Receive incoming business calls, determine the nature and urgency of the calls, and route calls according to guidelines.
- Receive requests from officers for records information.
- Compose a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials.
- Serve as cashiers at the front counter.
- Maintain records of and schedule maintenance for the police vehicle fleet.
- Manage the burglary alarm permit system for business and residential alarms.
- Release nuisance tow vehicles.
Property and Evidence
Two Property and Evidence Specialists:
- Store evidence and maintain a legal "chain of custody" on all items.
- Release property to the public when it is no longer required for evidence.
- Store and control all "lost and found" items.
- Organize public auctions of unclaimed property.
- Dispose of property and/or evidence.
Can I get a Background Check?
The Albany Police Department will provide a computer generated background check for people requesting one for themselves. The information will only show contacts that they have had with the Albany Police Department.
The Oregon State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification in Salem will do a more extensive background check by calling 503-378-3070.
Where do you find traffic accident report forms and the requirements for filing the report?
The Albany Police Department, Department of Motor Vehicles, and the State Police.
Where do you get restraining order information?
Albany Police Department, or the Linn County Sheriff, Civil Division, at the Linn County Courthouse.
Do I have a warrant?
This information won't be given out over the phone. You must come to the Police Department and ask in person.
Scheduling the release of property
Scheduling the release of property may be done by making an appointment by calling 541-917-7685.
If leaving a message, please provide your full name, phone number, and an Albany Police Incident number if available, to assist staff in providing the best customer service.