Safe And Secure Seniors Independent (SASSI)
- About this page:
- Last Updated: August 29, 2016 August 29, 2016
SASSI, a group of volunteers and local law enforcement agencies, help independent seniors maintain safe and secure homes by offering low- or no-cost home security and fire safety inspections and education to Albany residents 55 years of age and older.
Free or low-cost services provided:
- Home security inspections.
- Security hardware installation.
- Visible address numbers.
- Engraving valuables.
- Personal safety education.
- Identifying potential accident hazards.
- Fire safety inspections.
- Fire escape plans.
- Smoke alarm inspection, installation, and maintenance.
- Resource information and referrals
Don't be a victim. Take action to protect yourself and your home today:
- Discourage burglars – make entry to your home difficult by having adequate door and window locks (1" dead bolt locks are a must), leave exterior lights on at night when you're home, inside lights when you're not, and consider having a dog (even a small dog can act as a deterrent).
- Know your neighbors! Be aware of each other's living habits and who comes and goes from the houses in your neighborhood. Report strangers who appear to be out of the ordinary to police.
- Fatal residential fires are often caused by: combustibles placed too close to a heat source, unattended heat sources, careless smoking, and mechanical failure or malfunction.
For more information, or to schedule a free home safety inspection, please call 541-917-7680.