Forged in Fire Albany Police Battering Ram Competition
- About this page:
- Last Updated: April 17, 2019 April 17, 2019
Attention all welders and metal fabricators!
The Albany Police Department is seeking submissions of battering rams (also known as door breachers, universal key, etc.) for the first ever Forged in Fire Albany Police Battering Ram Competition!
All submissions will be tested by a panel of experts for functionality, durability and practicality in a test of strength, door-breaching effectiveness and design.
Each submission that meets the parameters will be recognized and the winning design will be recognized with a special award presentation!
Submissions must meet the following parameters for consideration:
- Overall length: 20 – 26”
- Handle: must have two handles, diameter 0.75 – 1.25”, minimum 2” spacing above ram body
- Strike face: minimum 5” x 5”
- Total weight: 24-35 pounds
- Must be designed for the operator to safely strike a stationary object
- No offensive or inappropriate designs, statements or imprints. Remember, these are intended to be used professionally in the public!
Submissions are encouraged to have the builder’s name or business name marked on the ram, such as “Donated by Protect and Serve.” All submissions become the property of the Albany Police Department, and selected rams will be utilized on the streets of Albany to help ensure the safety of our community.
Friday, May 17, 2019, at 10 a.m.
Albany Police Department, 2600 Pacific Boulevard SW
The public is welcome!
If you cannot be present for testing, please drop your ram and information off at the police department any time prior to Friday, May 17, 2019, at 9 a.m.
These are three of the rams currently fielded by the Albany Police Department: