Current Information, December 8, 2016
- About this page:
- Last Updated: March 28, 2017 March 28, 2017
Open House Presentations
February 17, 2015
FEMA 90-day appeal period
Appeal period is closed
- Appeal Period began July 16, 2015 and closed October 13, 2015.
Review FEMA’s preliminary maps (View Linn and Benton County)
Letter of Final Determination
June 8, 2016
- Letter says appeals have been processed and the final Flood maps will become effective on December 8, 2016.
- Letter attachment includes a final list of LOMAs or LOMR-Fs that have been revalidated or superseded.
Effective date of Maps
December 8, 2016
- Lenders may notify you of new insurance-related requirements after maps are effective.
Control Insurance Costs
- Work with a qualified agent
- Consider completing an Elevation Certificate
Limited time offer closed on June 8, 2016.
Albany City Council authorized $100,000 in City-funded Elevation Certificates for property owners facing potentially negative financial impacts as a result of FEMA’s new floodplain maps. These Elevation Certificates are available for properties with homes or businesses being newly mapped into the floodplain or where the new maps show increases in the depths of flooding at the home. An initial screening identified qualified property owners. This offer sunset when Letter of Final Determination was received by the city on June 8, 2016.