Low-Income Assistance Program
- About this page:
- Last Updated: November 1, 2017 November 1, 2017
- Applications will be accepted beginning November 1, 2017 for assistance starting January 1, 2018.
- You must reapply for this program each calendar year in November of the previous year.
- This is not the same program as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
Are you a senior or disabled low-income water customer of Albany? The City has a program to help pay part of your monthly water bill.
If you qualify for this program, you can receive a credit for part of your water use (up to four units) on each monthly bill. These credits do not carry over from month to month and you will still be responsible for paying all other charges on your water bill.
To qualify, all four must be true:
- You are low income
Your annual income is 70% of the 2017 Linn County median income based on family size from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). See the chart below:
Family Size 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 over 8 Annual Income $27,050 $30,900 $34,750 $38,600 $41,700 $44,800 $47,900 $51,000 + $3,050
Linn County HUD Benefit Matrix for determining 2018 eligibility.
- You are a...
Senior Citizen Disabled 60 years old and older You have a medically documented physical or mental condition that has prevented or will prevent you from working for more than 12 continuous months. A statement of disability benefits (Social Security, SAIF, OSHA) may qualify as proof of your disability.
- The water bill is in your name
- You are at least 18 years old
If you meet all four of the criteria above and wish to apply:
Contact the Community Services Consortium (CSC) at 541-704-7644. Applications will be accepted beginning November 1, 2017, for assistance starting January 1, 2018.