- About this page:
- Last Updated: December 11, 2017 December 11, 2017
January is traditionally the month of new beginnings, an opportunity to create a fresh clean slate for a better you. New Year’s around the world is a symbol of renewal, a time to purge the old and welcome the new. Here are some green living resolutions that are so easy you’ll have no excuse not to keep them.
You’ll not only be contributing to a healthier world, you and your family will be healthier, too.
Green your cleaning
- Make a safer choice for your family, river, and pets when choosing household products, or save money and make your own green cleaners.
Green your yard
- Choose water-efficient plants adapted to our climate (pdf)
- Conserve water
- Choose natural yard care and safer products
- Learn about lawn chemicals and water quality (pdf)
Green your community
Green your block
Green your perspective
- Relax and enjoy the outdoors. Share a picnic lunch with your family at a City park.
Green disposal of old, unwanted, or used products.
- Reuse first
- St. Vincent de Paul, Goodwill, Teen Challenge, Republic Services (desktops, laptops, tablets, monitors, TVs, printers)
- Staples (ink cartridges, computers, printers, shredders)
- Other locations available on Oregon eCycles
- Parr Lumber, Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Miller Paint, Sherwin Williams
- Other locations available on PaintCare
- Unwanted medications (over the counter, prescription, and pet)
- Compact fluorescent bulbs
- The Home Depot
- Household batteries
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Battery X-Change (auto batteries)
- Republic Services (motor oil in sealed container)
- O’Reilly Auto Parts (motor, transmission, and gear oil with no water; and oil filters that have been placed in ziplock bag)
- Mac’s Radiator (antifreeze; please call first 541-926-6616)
- Unusual and don’t know what to do with it? Look here
- Christmas lights (seasonal November 30 – January 11) (pdf)