Street Tree Removal for Upcoming Street Improvements
- About this page:
- Last Updated: January 5, 2017 January 5, 2017
The City of Albany will be removing approximately 130 street trees in advance of upcoming downtown street improvements. Tree removal will take place beginning Wednesday, January 11, 2017, along the following streets:
- 2nd Avenue between Washington and Lyon streets;
- 3rd Avenue between Ferry and Lyon streets;
- Broadalbin Street between 2nd and 3rd avenues;
- Ellsworth Street from 1st to 8th Avenue; and
- Lyon Street from 1st to 8th Avenue.
The timing of the tree removal will allow for compliance with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. The tree removal work is anticipated to be completed by the end of February. The streets will remain open to through traffic during the work.
New street trees will be installed with the street improvements by fall 2017.
Questions should be directed to the City of Albany’s Public Works Department at 541-917-7676.