Making improvements to your park system
Improvements are coming to Lehigh Park and we want your feedback!
This park will get upgraded soon with sensory-friendly equipment. Take a short survey before May 29:
Some of the proposed equipment:
- A main play structure that incorporates sturdy flexible belts to help those with mobility issues navigate larger portions and levels of the play structure.
- A swing set that includes two traditional belt swings plus a “friendship swing” that allows a caregiver/friend and a child to swing facing each other at the same time.
- A group spinner that has transfer points for someone with a wheelchair or walker, and high seat backs to provide additional support as needed.
- Sensory panels that incorporate music/sound, tactile activities, and color.
- A communication panel that displays pictures and images to assist those who are non-verbal, have limited speech, and early learning individuals to communicate with friends and caregivers.
Investments in our parks system from city services fee revenue
Albany Parks & Recreation receives $1.78 of the $9.00 city services fee on your utility bill. We have invested that money in facility improvements throughout our park system: