Alert: Fire season declaration, vegetation abatement required
During fire season, weeds, grass, and other noxious vegetation that has been determined to be a fire hazard must be addressed to reduce the potential for fire in accordance with Albany Municipal Code 7.84.160. To report a vegetation fire hazard in Albany, call 541-791-0155. Albany Fire Chief John Bradner declared July 9, 2014, the start of fire season due to ongoing hot, dry weather.
Presentation of Preliminary Designs for Police and Fire Buildings
- Created on Monday, September 22, 2014, 10:37 am September 22, 2014
Preliminary designs for a new main fire station and a new police building in Albany will be displayed at Albany Public Library, 2450 14th Avenue SE, in mid- and late October 2014.
Celebrate Albany’s Birthday October 11-12, 2014
- Created on Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:25 am September 22, 2014
Events celebrating the 150th anniversary of Albany’s incorporation are scheduled Saturday and Sunday, October 11 and 12, 2014.
Five ways to get weather-ready for Fall
- Created on Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 12:54 pm September 03, 2014
2013 Water Quality Report Available
- Created on Thursday, June 5, 2014, 2:33 pm June 05, 2014
City Council Candidates Received for the November 4, 2014, Election
- Created on Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 11:40 am August 26, 2014
The nominating period for candidates for Albany City Council seeking election in November closed at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 20, 2014. The following nominations were received:
Get Dirty For Good... Great Willamette River Cleanup, Oct. 4
- Created on Friday, September 19, 2014, 10:47 am September 19, 2014
The 6th annual Great Willamette River Cleanup happens along the length of the river on Saturday, October 4, 2014, including 13 miles between Michael's Landing in Corvallis and Albany's Bowman Park. Volunteers are needed to help with the Albany section between Hyak and Bowman parks.