- Updated on Monday, May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014
The Finance Department for the City of Albany includes administrative operations for Municipal Court, City Clerk functions, responsibility for the financial resources of the City. Finance also oversees the bid process, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), bond issues, purchasing, surplus property, and risk management.
(Fiscal Year: July 1-June 30)
The City of Albany has won the Government Finance Officers Association Distinguished Budget Presentation Award since 1991. In order to receive this award, a governmental unit must publish a budget document that meets program criteria as a policy document, as an operations guide, as a financial plan, and as a communication device. The award is valid for a period of one year only. The budget is completed by the end of September each year.
Printed copies of the current adopted budget are available for a cost of $25.00 each. Older copies are available for ($10 each subject to available supply).
Proposed 2014-2015 Budget
2014-2015 Proposed Budget (5.4MB pdf)
Financial Trends & Forecast
2014-2015 Financial Trends and Forecast (16MB pdf)
2013-2014 Adopted Budget
Download 2013-2014 Adopted Budget (49.2MB pdf)
Past Adopted Budgets
The Popular Annual Financial Report boils down financial information from the nearly 200-page Comprehensive Annual Financial Report to make it easier to understand for Albany residents and others who don't have a background in public finance. Information is presented in text, charts, graphs, and photos with links to extended information online.
The CAFR for the City of Albany has won the Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting since 1984. The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is completed by the end of December each year.
- 2014-2015-ARA Adopted Budget (1.25MB pdf)
- 2014-2015-ARA Approved Budget (4.58MB pdf)
- 2014-2015-ARA Proposed Budget (2.35MB pdf)
- 2013-2014-ARA Adopted Budget (4.85MB pdf)
- 2012-2013-ARA Revised Budget (111KB pdf)
- 2012-2013-ARA Adopted Budget (1.2MB pdf)
- 2012-2013-ARA Financial Report (357KB pdf)
- 2011-2012-ARA Financial Report (1.41MB pdf)
- 2011-2012-ARA Budget (1.12MB pdf)
- 2010-2011-ARA Financial Report (217KB pdf)
- 2010-2011-ARA Budget (1.18MB pdf)
- 2009-2010-ARA Financial Report (1.45MB pdf)
- 2009-2010-ARA Budget (444KB pdf)
- 2008-2009-ARA Financial Report (1.6MB pdf)
- 2008-2009-ARA Budget (524KB pdf)
- 2007-2008-CARA Budget (380KB pdf)
- 2006-2007-CARA Financial Report (1.52MB pdf)
- 2005-2006-CARA Financial Report (1.06MB pdf)