Parks & Recreation Department
- Updated on Thursday, April 4, 2013, 9:10 pm
The Spring 2013 Activity Guide is now out! Sign up for classes and activities today!
Seis de Mayo Enchilada Fundraiser
There’s nothing better than the smell of homemade Mexican food wafting through the air! You know the meal’s going to be good when it’s cooked from scratch and the hands that prepared it know what they’re doing! Leonor Rodriquez, renowned cook/chef, has volunteered her time to help raise funds for the Albany Senior Center and its programs with a special enchilada dinner.
The menu will consist of homemade enchiladas, rice, refried beans, chips, and salsa. To round out the meal, we’ll serve virgin margaritas as well as water. If you love a great cause and good food, reserve your ticket today! Open to the public, either dine in or take out!
$12/plate • $20/dozen enchiladas • $30/2 dozen
Monday, May 6, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Meal served at City Hall
To order tickets call 541-917-7777 or 541-917-7760. Come enjoy the party! To go orders will also be available.
8th annual Albany Teen Art Show
The Albany Arts Commission will hold its eighth annual Teen Art Show for high school age students who reside in the Greater Albany Public School District in May 2013.
The Commission encourages young artists to visit the City of Albany website for information about the show and how to enter.
- Work must be submitted from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., April 25 & 26, 2013, and 10:00 a.m. – noon, April 27, 2013, at Albany City Hall, Parks & Recreation Department, 333 Broadalbin Street SW.
- The artwork will be juried and accepted pieces will be displayed at City Hall during May.
- Awards will be given in both 2D and 3D categories.
- A People's Choice award will be based on votes from those who visit the display.
- All media are encouraged but must be appropriate for public display.
- A professional presentation is expected. Work must be matted and framed as appropriate.
- Locked window display cases are available for textiles, jewelry, and other work.
Download an application or call 541-917-7777.
For more information, contact Debbie Little, Albany Parks & Recreation Department liaison to the Albany Arts Commission, at 541-917-7778.
Translate this page: